GELLO DI CAMAJORE, former AGELLO, in Camaiore valley. Farmhouse that, with Vado, forms a division and a little parish cared with the church (St. Ansano), community jurisdition and about 2 miles in the north of Camaiore, Diocese and Dukedom of Lucca. It is in the southern flank of apuane apls, above one of the counterfort that stretches from Maddalena mountain to the little river of Camaiore. Gello is famous for a suppressed women convent of S. Benedetto order whose building together with ancient structure church still exists under the title of "S. Martino e Giusto" in Gello. It was under the rule of magnate longobards family that Lucca church had bishop Peredeo, who in 760 a.c. gave to the monastery of St. Peter of Camajore, an house with an HOLDING placed in Gello. Later nobles of Montemagno were there: they were Paganelli family of Pisa and Lucca. They founded St. Martin in Agello monastery in 1089 thanks to Pope Eugenio from Paganelli family, with a bull of 1148 where it immediately declared this monastery was under the Apostolic see's control with all the properies (some of them was in the possessions of Massa De' Marchesi, now called Ducal Massa). Gello and Vado's church was built in 1778; in 1790 it was a little parish cared by the prior of Camaiore collegiate church. In 1832 there were 648 inhabitants. We thank Siena University And Grosseto University Pole to give us the authorization for this text's issue.